"The BEST Marlin fishery in the World from May to November!"
USA call: 281-617-2950 or CR call: 8960-3633
Email Us: FishCRJohn@Gmail.com
FAD Fishing Packages
Costa Rica FAD Fishing
FAD trips are multi-day trips for Marlin from May to November. During these months, we see huge amounts of bait at different man made FADs (Fish Aggregating Device) from 100-130 miles off the Costa Rica Costa. These FADS were setup on naturally occuring sea mounts that already had good fishing, and with the huge amounts of bait that gathers around the FADS, we can release unbelievable numbers of Marlin per day. We have had FAD trips where we release up to 20 Marlin per day, all blues and blacks and most over 200 pounds (up to 800 pounds). We don't offer FAD trips from December to April because the FADS get overrun with sailfish, and we can catch the same amount of sailfish in front of Quepos, but from May to November, the best Marlin fishing in the world is at the Costa Rica FADS!
FAD trips last 3 days and 2 nights, during which time we may travel up to 125 miles out. This is usually the best Marlin fishing in the world, with multiple, some times double digit Marlin releases, every trip. 4 people maximum.
Schedule for 2 Full Days of Costa Rica FAD Fishing ($7500):
- Leave at 5 PM a day before the first fishing day, travel all night. Boat has full entertainment system, or you can sit outside and enjoy the stars and ocean air! We usually arrive before sun up.
- First Full Day of fishing. Marlin Marlin Marlin! Start looking for big blues and blacks.
- Second Full Day of fishing. Marlin Marlin Marlin! Same as first day, but with blisters and sore backs. We usually fish until dark, and then head back towards the house.
- Full night traveling to the marina. Arrive sometime in the morning at the Marina in Quepos.
Add another full day of fishing for $2000.
All food and drinks included.
WBS World Champion Captain Minor
Capt Minor has more than 25 years of experience fishing off the coast of Costa Rica in search of giant sailfish, marlin, tuna, and everything in between. Minor will work nonstop to find the fish and put you on them, and will do whatever it takes to make sure his clients enjoy their trip.
Minor is a Quepos native that is a veteran of the competitive fishing circuit in Los Suenos fishing on several of the "Fly" boats made by Maverick. In 2007 Captain Minor earned the title of World Champion at the WBS Bill Fishing World Championship, and followed that up in 2008 with a second place finish in the same tournament. Minor took first place in the Quepos, Costa Rica Classic In 2005, and first at the Central America Presidential Challenge.
In addition to the world champion captain driving the boat, Minor is friends with all the other experienced captains in Los Suenos and Quepos, and often brings other captains along with him as mates. In 2016, all Minor FAD trips were acompanied by captain Melvin Mora as well, and in 2016 Melvin was the winner of the 2.5 million dollar prize at the Bisbees in Cabo San Lucas. Fishing with us will put you with the BEST captains in Costa Rica, and you will catch lots of fish!
Fad Fishing Boat and Equipment
We do our FAD trips on a 41 model Ronin. The boat with a tape measures 45 feet, so it is plenty big enough and stable enough to be very comfortable out there. Equipped with twin MAN 610 horsepower engines allows a combination of power and finesse that runs fast and efficient. She was built with a strong hull that allows it to stay stable in all water conditions. Here are some of the features and equipment of our Costa Rican FAD Fishing Machine!
- Murray brothers fighting chair with rocket launchers
- Lindgren-Pitman 1200 electric reels with big dredges
- Full Shimano Reels in New Condition
- Several large sofas and beds
- Full air conditioning
- Full kitchen with refrigerator, stove, and microwave
- 25KW Furuno radar with 96 mile range
- Tuna tubes
- Radios, GPS, and all safety equipment
- The Best and Most Experienced Crew in Costa Rica!
Please send email reservation requests to FishCrJohn@gmail.com.