"The BEST Marlin fishery in the World from May to December!"
USA call: 281-617-2950 or CR call: 8583-5874
Email Us: FishJohnCR@Gmail.com
FAD Fishing Packages
Costa Rica FAD Fishing
FAD trips are multi-day trips for Marlin from May to November. During these months, we see huge amounts of bait at different man made FADs (Fish Aggregating Device) from 80-130 miles off the Costa Rica Costa. These FADS were setup on naturally occuring sea mounts that already had good fishing, and with the huge amounts of bait that gathers around the FADS, we can release unbelievable numbers of Marlin per day. We have had FAD trips where we release up to 20 Marlin per day, all blues and blacks and most over 200 pounds (up to 800 pounds). We don't offer FAD trips from December to April because the FADS get overrun with sailfish, and we can catch the same amount of sailfish in front of Quepos, but from May to November, the best Marlin fishing in the world is at the Costa Rica FADS!
FAD trips last 3 days and 2 nights, during which time we may travel up to 125 miles out. This is usually the best Marlin fishing in the world, with multiple, some times double digit Marlin releases, every trip. 4 people maximum.
Schedule for 2 Full Days of Costa Rica FAD Fishing ($6000):
- Leave at 5 PM a day before the first fishing day, travel all night. Boat has full entertainment system, or you can sit outside and enjoy the stars and ocean air! We usually arrive before sun up.
- First Full Day of fishing. Marlin Marlin Marlin! Start looking for big blues and blacks.
- Second Full Day of fishing. Marlin Marlin Marlin! Same as first day, but with blisters and sore backs. We usually fish until dark, and then head back towards the house.
- Full night traveling to the marina. Arrive sometime in the morning at the Marina in Quepos.
Add another full day of fishing for $2000.
All food and drinks included.
Fad Fishing Boat and Equipment
We do our FAD trips on a 40 foot Blue Daze. The boat has three beds and a few couches to sleep on, full Air Conditioning, a freezer and fridge for the beer, coke and food, and is one of the busiest 40 foot Charter boats in the Marina Pez Vela. Although it's not as important during the FAD trips, the boat has a brand new Furuno Bird Radar, a Brand New Furuno Sonar, lots of Tuna Tubes, and everything you will need to have the best Marlin trip of your life!
- Restored Hatteras fighting chair with rocket launchers
- Full Shimano Reels in New Condition
- Several large sofas and beds
- Full air conditioning
- 25KW Furuno radar with 96 mile range
- Tuna tubes
- Radios, GPS, and all safety equipment
- The Best and Most Experienced Crew in Costa Rica!
Please send email reservation requests to FishJohnCR@Gmail.com.